14.6.17

June 14

We have started our final reflections for report cards and some students did not finish theirs in class. Here are the guiding questions they can use to help them:

PERSONAL AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Do I come to school prepared (homework complete, planner signed)
Do I use class time wisely and not distract others?
Do I keep my desk, backpack, supplies organized so I can find my things when I need them? Do I put my papers away in proper duotangs and binders?
Do I include others in play and use kind words towards others?
Do I respect others and their belongings? (Keeping my hands off their things and off others)

Friday is FUN DAY!!!! Your child has been given their colour and number group. We encourage students to wear their team colour OR a super hero costume. There is NO HOT LUNCH this year. DISMISSAL is at NOON.

The class book arrived and was sent home today! It is so well done. If you are interested in ordering and did not get a chance to do it, there is still an opportunity to do so. Please let me know and I will send home a form with your child.

Step Up Day is on June 21. All the grade 3s will meet Mr. Walters and Miss Losito (next year's grade 4 teachers) and the grade 2s will meet Miss Barboza (next year's grade 3 teacher-- they don't need to meet me!)

Slowly we will start to wind down and certain materials will be sent home. This will mean we won't have a big pile of supplies that will be going home on the same day! Their pencil boxes will be sent to next year's teacher, as well as any binders that are still in good condition.

If you are not using any of the current supplies next year, please indicate in their planner so we can re-use them at school:

  • pencil crayons
  • markers
  • crayons
  • rulers