5.9.12

You're Officially Welcomed into Grade 3F!

I am so excited to start the school year with your children. If these last few days is any indication of how the rest of our year is going to go, then we are going to have a fabulous year together! On Tuesday, a green sheet with the class expectations was sent home for you to read with your child, if you missed it, I have posted the link on the sidebar, under "Welcome Package". Please ensure that you signed the last page and filled in any important information. I will have the class email/phone number list available at Meet the Teacher Night next week (also affectionately known as Meet the Creature :) I will also have a curriculum overview available then.

We have VERY SLOWLY started some routines this week. Thank you for getting your child to class on time, as we always start with a "SPONGE" activity (which is just a morning activity to get our brains going to it can soak in all the information for the day!) At this time, we also take attendance and do homework check. PLEASE CHECK AND SIGN PLANNERS EVERY DAY! This is part of their homework.

I will try my best to update the blog daily for any reminders and homework for the day, but as we progress during the year (around half way), I do not post the daily homework. This is simply to give more responsibility to the students to ensure that they are writing down their homework and taking their material home. I will still continue to post big assignments and projects.

On the sidebar, you will also notice the spelling lists. We will start with List 1 next week. The activities are done on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I collect them on Thursday and the tests are on Friday. 

ALLERGIES: We have some seafood allergies in our class and no peanut allergies in our class, BUT WE ARE STILL A NUT AWARE CLASSROOM, as we switch classes with 3T and they have students with extreme peanut allergies.

I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, Sept 11 at 6:30. The evening will start off in the gym, and then we will proceed to the classrooms. If you would like to get updates in your email when our blog is updated, please put your email in under the "FOLLOW BY EMAIL" window. I am so glad to be working with you and child on their learning journey this year!

Sincerely, Mrs. Fonseca

PS: If you are one of my families who I had last year and no longer need my blog updates, please feel free to unsubscribe! No hard feelings :)