21.5.13

May 21st

I hope you all enjoyed your extra long weekend! I had the chance to watch movies and bake cookies with my children. I find those weekends that are spent at home with no agenda the most relaxing! I am looking forward to summer vacation just as much as the students are, I am sure!

We started a new unit in Math today-- geometry. This means we have new vocabulary to contend with. Today we learned the following words: polygon, sides (edges), angles and (gasp!!!) equalateral (triangle with all equal sides). Tomorrow, I will introduce vertices and line segments. We will progress to perimeter and area. Whew! This should take us two or three weeks to get through, then it will be an overall review!

We are finished our novel study of Charlotte's Web. Their ABC books are due on THURSDAY.  For the remainder of the year, we will be broken up into small groups with their own books to read and different tasks.

We are going to the Zoo on June 7! We will be going by school bus and will be there all day. We will choose parent volunteers for the trip, but if you are chosen, siblings will not be allowed. If you would like to come along with younger siblings, you are welcome to the group rate at the door. DUE TO ALLERGIES IN THE GROUP, STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PURCHASE THEIR LUNCH.
I apologize for not sending the permission slips home today but they will be in their backpacks tomorrow. If you have any questions about the trip after reading the permission slip, please let me know!

Howework:
1. Sp Unit 31--WTW & WP
2. Math w/s
3. Penpal postcard (front only)
4. Charlotte cover
5. WW Unit 4- A-D

Reminders: School Panorama, Flowers for Mary, Popcorn Day tomorrow